Translate

Friday, November 29, 2013

COMING HOME TO AUTUMN IN VA

 
When I returned from Texas mid October, I was happy to see fall was doing its thing.  Dolly and I went to a small park on the river in Bridgewater, VA.  The air was crisp and the temperatures had fallen enough while I was gone that pine needles and leaves were beginning to coat the ground.  Some plants were hanging on, not yet giving in to the cooling temperatures and taking in the warmth of the sun.


 






Cynthia and I visited a garden center.  They had both fall and Christmas items displayed. 




Dolly really enjoyed our outing.  She knows it won't be long until it is too cold for me to roll the windows down in the car. Days like this, I roll 'em down and turn up the heater when I need to.
We go by the Draft Feed And Supply store for two reasons.  Food and Bo.  I buy Dolly's food here.  Only the best for my girl.  Bo is a beautiful black lab that we like to visit.
It is also that time of year when you can buy the best Brunswick Stew. This stew is homemade and cooked in an open kettle.  It is advertised as the Virginia Mennonite Relief Sale Recipe.  They can call it what they want, I call it gooood. 
Now it is time to let go the magic at home.
..and thanks, Mom.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment