Translate

Sunday, February 7, 2016

PAULA IS COOKIN' UP SOMETHING - CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS




As seen on Facebook! I chopped 3 cups of cauliflower florets, 2 garlic clove, 1/2 cup of onion, 1/4 cup parsley. When I pulled they fresh parsley out of the refrigerator, it had to be trashed.  Improvising with dried parsley isn't the same.  But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. The cauliflower was cooked in the microwave.  The recipe says for 15 minutes. I cooked it for a little more than a minute.  I think the main reason you do this is to soften it up to make it easier to mash it up. 15 minutes did not make the mashing easy so I cooked it until I could mash it without hurting myself and in order to prevent having to clean up flying cauliflower.  Yeah, yeah...I had to learn by doing.  To the gently mashed cauliflower, I added the chopped ingredients above, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, 1 egg and 1/2 cup whole wheat flower (I used regular white flower because I did not want to buy a large bag of wheat flower for just half  a cup.) All this gets mixed together and then formed into patties which get fried. The recipe made 6 fritters. You have to do a little work to form the cakes in order to keep them together and to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.   Didn't I read that if you spray your hands with PAM it will keep dough from sticking to you?  I will try that the next time. 

The first night I served the fritters with a dollop of sour cream on the top.  The second night I served them with Ranch Dressing...much better.  I bet a garnish of chopped fresh parsley on the top would be nice. 

Is this a redo?  YES.  Fresh parsley is a must and I am sure would make it far more tasty so no more substituting with the dried stuff.  An easy recipe and a fun kitchen project when it looks like it may snow.  








No comments:

Post a Comment