Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Sedona Helicopter Tour

I thought the helicopter tour I arranged would be one of the highlights of this trip.  An ad reads:  Some believe there are spots on the planet where Earth’s energy swirls around a deep center, much like a tornado. These mystical points in nature are known as vortexes. Sedona has four of them and this helicopter tour flies you right into these high-energy wonders!



Seeing the red rocks and desert from a bird's eye view would be incredible.  We would be flying over Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Courthouse Butte, Broken Arrow, Chicken Point, Steamboat Rock State Park, Sterling Pass, Secret Canyon, Boynton Canyon, Bear Mountain and Red Canyon. 35 minutes of this incredible Red Rock country from the air.  My hopes were high watching our pilot arrive in the helicopter that would take us on this journey. What could possibly compare to this?


To answer this question, I would have to ask the passenger who got to sit in the front seat next to the pilot. Boone took this photo for me. 

The left window seat presented a different view, which was enjoyed by the wife of the guy up front.


Boone had a great view looking to his right as he sat next to the window.   My view?  I was seated in the middle of the back row of seats between Boone and the nice lady married to the guy up front.  And, wait for it, there was a wide metal support bar right in front of me.  I could not see out the front, I could not see much to my right or left.  Most of the time I threw my arms across Boone and the nice lady married to the guy up, aiming my camera at I did not know what.  I managed to get some nice shots, which I enjoyed seeing later.


Boone got some great shots.


This tour is not cheap.  I paid the same as everyone.  Now I know why you get the complimentary CD afterward.  Viewing the CD let me see what I missed sitting in the middle between Boone and the nice lady married to the guy up front.  Next time I will opt for the balloon ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment