Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gail, John and friends visit St. Thomas Jan 2010

You never know what you are going to get when you spend time with people you do not know. Gail and John knew everyone who would come together on this weekend. They were the common denominators going into the week they visited George and I in St. Thomas. Gail and John arrived a couple of days before the others so the four of us were able to spend time together. We had not seen them since they introduced me to George in August. George and John have been friends for many years. Gail and I have been friends for many years. Gail had visited George in St. Thomas with John the last couple of years. I had only met John once so I only knew him through Gail. It was an exciting reunion.
After a few days, the others started arriving. I knew Donna through Gail and had only met Michael a couple of times. I knew none of the others. George did not know anyone else except for John's beautiful daughter. As the others arrived, I quickly surmized that this was going to be a good union of people.

The first night we were all together, we had dinner at Latitude 18, a very casual outdoor restaurant. It was the perfect setting for us all to come together for the first time. There was a live performer...

and an entertaining wait staff. We especially liked the tshirt worn by one of the waitresses.
The gang stayed at Cinnamon Bay a few days and George and I went over to visit during their stay. St. John is beautiful and the beaches are incredible.




Looking back, if felt to me that we had all been friends for a long time. This group was so compatable. What a wonderful gift to have all of this come into one's life.






Gail and John stayed a couple of days after everyone else left. We had lunch in French Town and dinner at Room With A View. We celebrated Gail's birthday. Her birthday also marks the time we met...I crashed her 40th birthday party. I learned to love her by the end of the evening and she became one of my best friends. And now she and John brought their friends to visit. They were the common denominator. They represeented the attribute common to the rest of the group. The attribute of friendship among people who truly like one another. Need proof? Look at my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment