Translate

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Cathedral Rock Vortex

CATHEDRAL ROCK: One of the four main vortexes in Sedona, Cathedral Rock resonates with those who are sensitive to the energy of the vortex. If you visit art galleries in Arizona, you will see one of the most photographed rocks in Arizona.  There is a particular scene that photographers and painters long to capture at Cathedral Rock.   The scene most portrayed is when the afternoon sun highlights the rocks which are then reflected in the water of Oak Creek.


We drove out to Chavez Ranch to Crescent Moon State Park to hike to that well sought after view.  Now here is a little serendipity for those who know what this means to me.  For those who do not, let me just say I have a thing for the crescent moon.  It was a good sign for me.





We quickly came to a beautiful spot on Oak Creek, but learned from a young couple that the spot we were looking for is further down the path.  Little did we know we were standing in the right spot. A better spot.  A perfect spot.


The couple offered to take our picture.  Serendipity.


Boone and I were surprised to see there are a lot of people that hang out for hours in the water waiting for the sun to move onto that rock for that photo. The park makes a lot of money on the admittance fee charged so people can make their dream come true. I like the photos and the paintings I have seen in the galleries, but neither Boone nor I wanted to compete for a spot in the creek to get our own photo.  Nor did we want to stand waist deep in the creek for a couple of hours to hold our spot.  We walked on leaving this crowded spot and welcoming the serenity offered up by the park.  Eventually Boone and I ended up in a beautiful spot where we were among very few people.









Some of the best photos we got were after we left the park...just riding down the road.




While I did not get that sought after photograph, I was satisfied with a more unexpected experience.  You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.
Bucket List ✓

No comments:

Post a Comment