Translate

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sedona/Flagstaff Fur and Feathers

I saw cattle guard signs everywhere, but no cows.  Neither did I see pastures that contained anything a cow would eat.


The first time Boone yelled out that a jack rabbit was running across the road in front of our vehicle, I thought I was looking at a small deer before I noticed the big floppy ears.  I did not see much of it that day, but a few days later I, or my camera, got up close and personal with this fella. 

  

Boone spotted this tarantula crossing the road as he was driving (Boone, not the spider).  How did he see this guy?! Boone turned the car around, driving close enough to this spider to allow me to open my door for this photo.  No, I did not get out of the car!


I read that tarantulas can eat a small lizard.  Like this little guy.


This is a mule deer. Check out those big ears, much like a mule's ears, and one of the differences between a mule deer and a white tail deer.  Another difference is that the mule deer has a black spot on its tail.


Birds of a feather....



Seeing this dog, I could not resist asking if I could photograph him.

OMG Dolly.  Not the same thing!























No comments:

Post a Comment