Translate

Monday, October 2, 2017

Arriving In Sedona

Hello.  Dolly here.  My Mom started this blog a week ago and she still has not hit the Publish button.  She has been having lots of fun and tried on a daily basis to keep up with editing the photos she took each day. About 2,000 I am told.  Mom is trigger happy when she gets that camera in hand.  Anyhow, I am waiting for her to pick me up since rumor has it she got back home last night. While I wait, I am going to help her get this blog posted. I heard my Aunt CC talking to Mom on the phone.  They are going to breakfast before Mom takes me home so I have a little time.  To begin with, Boone dropped me off at Aunt CC's on Thursday last week.  I could tell by the size of the suitcase Mom was packing that my visit was going to be more than a couple of days.  That's okay. I love my Aunt CC and my cousins.


I believe Mom and Boone flew out of Roanoke VA at 10:30 AM EST on Friday, September 22 and arrived in Phoeniz AZ at 3:30 PM Pacific Time.  They picked up luggage, picked up a rental car, and picked up some energy for the drive to Sedona.  Approaching Sedona, the oooos and the awwws began.




Mom and Boone made reservations at Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast in Sedona. I wanted to compare their stay with mine so I Googled  the Bed and Breakfast and found their website so I could learn about where they were staying.  Their website reads:
"Personal Hospitality during your stay at our Sedona Inn is our pride. Our knowledgeable innkeepers are available and eager to help you plan your activities during your stay. They'll provide you with area maps and brochures and are very helpful, and can provide you with tour recommendations or help with dinner reservations.  We have an almost endless list of activities for you to enjoy while you stay at our Sedona Bed and Breakfast.   Or you can always decide to just  relax here at Canyon Villa and experience the majestic views of the Red Rocks, just by opening the French doors to your patio or balcony." 

Mom and Boone were greeted at the front door by Fran who gave them a tour of Canyon Villa.  I heard she is great and that from the moment she greeted them at the front door she answered all their many questions. If there was something they wanted to see, Fran (and other staff members) told them the best way to get there and pointed out what should be seen along the way and back. The day they went to Boynton Canyon to hike, Fran loaned Boone and Mom her two hiking sticks, which saved Mom's ass.  



A delicious and substantial breakfast is served each morning at a large dining table elegantly set.  As all the guests gathered for a gourmet breakfast each morning.  I can just imagine the great conversations Mom and Boone had with the other guests as they all shared information on activities enjoyed the day before.   
 


















Mom and Boone's room was on the 2nd floor on the corner overlooking the swimming pool.



 
Their room also had a wonderful view of  Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte.  From what I can tell, it seems like Mom could throw a small rock and hit the big rocks.  I can imagine her sitting in bed each morning watching the sun hit those rocks bringing out the red color as the sun moved higher and higher in the sky.  Bell Rock is one of the most photographed  of the many great rocks in the area.  AND she is among the several vortex spots in Sedona.  Very cool, Mom, arriving the first day  in time to see these rocks at sunset when the sun, low in the sky, brings out the red in the rocks? Wow.






I am going to hit the Publish button.  That should get Mom going on the next blog about her trip.  I will encourage her to do so by giving her "the look".




















No comments:

Post a Comment