Translate

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Paula and George on Vacation Part IX

TAOS, NEW MEXICO - TAOS PUEBLO

Taos Pueblo – home of the Taos Pueblo Indians. Inhabited for over 1,000 years. One of the oldest communities in the United States. We arrived early, paid $10 each to entire the pueblo and $6 to allow me to photograph. Visitors are only allowed to see certain parts of the pueblo, but it was all so interesting. You must have permission to photograph the residents. Some have shops where they sell their craft. It is the only place in our travels that I purchased anything. I was fascinated by what I saw. I offer these photographs.







This was by far my favorite part of our vacation.

ENCHANTED CIRCLE

Leaving the pueblo, we drove the Enchanted Circle. This took us through 2 hours of stunning landscape. It is hard to photograph the largeness of what we saw. The drive took us through the mountains and over 12,000 feet up. DINNER WITH LYDIA
After a long day, we had dinner at Lydia's casita. Check this out...Lydia lived in my apartment complex in Staunton, VA. She read my earlier vacation blog so she knew I was planning on coming to Taos. She had moved there in April! She emailed me her phone number and I contacted her when we got to Taos. This old world gets smaller all the time. It was fun to see how someone really lives and to actually have dinner at someone's house in an actual neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment