Translate

Monday, May 10, 2010

My New Backyard

Island life is vastly different from life in the Shenandoah Valley. I shared pictures of scenes from my backyard in the Valley with you. Here are some photos from my new backyard in St. Thomas. These are Sugar Birds. We must have 50 of them feeding from our hummingbird feeder. They feed all day long.

The hummiingbirds share the feeder. Bernadine makes desserts at George's restaurant. She also makes the hummingbird food for our feeder.

This is a hawk looking for my little birdies.

This little tree frog greets me when I come home at night. He perches on top of the electrical box to catch the bugs that are attracted by the light above the box.

There is always something to watch from the deck.


Charlotte Amalie in the distance on a rainy afternoon.



Look closely for the baby Iquana.

There are so many beautiful sunsets to be seen from our deck.

I love the mountains, but this is a beautiful place to land.

This is a flower arrangement made from flowers in our yard.

I really like all the little lizards. I talk to them in the morning. They actually turn their head up to look at me while I am talking to them.


This is an Agave plant. It is quite large. Once it blooms, it will die and send out a shoot for the next plant. It takes years to complete the cycle.


I will keep you abreast of things that happen from this spot. I already have hundreds of photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment