Translate

Sunday, May 30, 2010

April in Atlanta

Five months after moving to St. Thomas, I went home for a visit. First, I stopped off in Atlanta to visit my friend Ellen. She is a great hostess and was my driver as we explored some of the area. Ellen and I both enjoy cooking and we are always up for eating. We did some of that.

Sometimes we would take a break from eating and do other things. One day we got lost (literally) in Ikea. The place is huge.

One day we went down on the Chatahoochee River. We say geese...

and fishermen...
and Ellen asked all kinds of questions. She learned from this man that you use regular canned corn, not the cream corn. Looks like she took in every word.

One day we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful day and any botanical garden makes for a great walk. They were getting ready to take down the Gardenia display, but we got there in time to see the wonderful display.





We did have some downtime at the house and did some catching up. Then I flew on to Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment