Translate

Friday, December 9, 2016

WHAT TO DO WHEN I CANNOT SLEEP

One of the things the experts tell you to do when you cannot sleep is to get up.  I think you are supposed to do quiet activity, but I started cooking at 4:00 AM instead. Ya know how good a breakfast casserole smells when it comes out of the oven? Well, it smells just as good at 5:30 AM.
My friend, Tammy, gave me a recipe some years ago that I favor so I gathered my ingredients and got busy.


It doesn't take long to make this dish and letting it sit overnight in the fridge is not a requirement, so I popped the casserole in the oven at 4:55 AM.


Now look what I have done...I gotta find something to do while the casserole bakes.  It is only 4:55 AM and I am stoked.  The family Christmas get together is this Saturday.  I am making Best Ever White Chili.  Why not.  I have the ingredients and I already cooked the chicken.. And a fresh cup of coffee.


The onions, garlic, celery and red peppers are chopped and simmering.


I love this new gadget for opening jars.  I could not get the jar of mushrooms open without it.  Don't want get frustrated at this hour of the morning.


I am so happy with myself right now. The veggies are ready to mix with the chicken. I put this mixture in the fridge to finish off on Saturday morning in the crock pot.


The breakfast casserole is done.  Yummm.


Dolly rarely gets people food, but this morning she got a little chicken in her bowl. I think she would like more.


Merry Christmas everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment