Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2018

SATURDAY MORNING RESTART

I begin the day with yesterday's list in my head.  I managed to get the laundry done.  After work, I got a second wind and cleaned the blinds and the inside of the windows in the bedroom, vacuumed and cleaned the master bath.  Not too bad.  This morning is cold, but promises to be sunny.  And it is. 


 
 Boone and I took Dolly for a walk then went out for breakfast.  Returning home, I was ready to roll...staring with the Red Wine Risotto with Beans recipe that I did not get to yesterday.
The Set Up...gathering ingredients and setting the mood.











 
 
 
Chop, dice and mince everything that needs chopped, diced and minced. Getting my Ninja on!
 
Between my fingers and a spatula, I could not seem to get all the chopped, diced and minced ingredients out of the Ninja bowl. Until I had the idea of using a pastry brush.  I can't believe it has taken me all these years to think of this.  It works beautifully.
 
 
Add rice and salami.
 
OH NO!  I need to put on another CD.  My CD tower is not working right now so I have to play one at a time.  I choose Adele's 21 CD. Now I'm cooking.  Now, add the wine and tomato paste. This is smelling so good.
 

Buying tubes of tomato paste is the only way to go.  I cannot believe how many cans of tomato paste, less 2 tablespoons, I have thrown away over the years.  Oh, that is not blood on the paper towel, it is spilled wine.

 
 
Some may think I put in the wrong CD for cooking. Oh no, it is exactly the right CD.  I am now dancing around the kitchen to the song RUMOR.  My friend Gail will completely relate.  Love those memories in her kitchen...right Gail?  I can't just listen to certain music.  I sing very loudly and off key.  And I dance. The dish requires a lot of attention now as I add cabbage, broth, beans, cheese.  It is difficult because now the song DON'T YOU REMEMBER IS PLAYING.  I sing emotionally as though it is I who is on stage.  Can you picture this, Gail?
 
The dish is done.  I am spent. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment