Translate

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Getting Vortexted at Boynton Canyon and Kachina Woman

First let me say one does not "get vortexted".  That is a play on words.  I picked up the phrase from a hilarious story Boone told me about an Alabama friend of his telling him in 1999 about his trip to Sedona and explaining how you get vortexted. A Vortex is a place in nature where the earth is exceptionally alive with energy. The vortexes in Sedona are swirling centers of subtle energy coming out from the surface of the earth.

There are four main energy vortexes in Sedona. The subtle energy that exists at these locations interacts with who a person is inside. The energy resonates with and strengthens the Inner Being of each person.  Many do not believe, many question, and many doubt that there is any truth to this new age belief in vortexes.  But there are many who do believe and find it easy to feel the energy at these vortexes.

BOYNTON CANYON: one of the top two best experiences on this trip for me.  It is the longest hike among the vortex spots, but I had to hike up to see "Kachina Woman", a strong vortex sight for women.  I knew about her from my friend Gail who had visited the area several years ago while dealing with some difficult emotions. For years now, Kachina Woman has been on my bucket list.
I believe Gail stayed at nearby Enchantment Resort and Mii amo Spa.  Kachina Woman played an important part in her emotional healing. So, before we even left Virginia, I had planned to introduce myself to Kachina Woman.


When Gail told me her story, I knew that someday I had to experience Kachina Woman.  Unfortunately that day came for me after two hip replacements.  One surgery did not go well and limits what I can do. The hike is not difficult and for many reading this it would be an easy to moderate hiking experience. In my first blog about this trip, Arriving In Sedona, Dolly mentioned that Fran at Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast loaned me her hiking sticks for this hike. Dolly also mentioned that Fran's walking sticks saved my ass that day.  Thank you so much, Fran. Boone tutored me in the proper use of the hiking sticks along the way, which also saved my ass that day. With Boone's patient help I did it!  Thanks Boone...you were great.






I have been described as stubborn over the years.  I call it determined. I was determined to make this climb. As we got closer, the climb got tougher, for me, but with determination and Boone's encouragement I got tougher.

Boynton Canyon Vortex is one of the few vortexes you can easily reach out and touch.  Many claim that there are actually two vortexes in Boynton Canyon.  One is a tall red rock formation off to the east known as Kachina Woman, a powerful vortex for women, and the other is an unnamed red rock formation off to the west, a vortex for men. The two photos below are of the unnamed male vortex and the male named Boone.



On the other hand, many people believe these two actually form one vortex. In the picture below, Kachina Woman is on the right, the unnamed rock is on the left.  Kachina Woman is what I came here for. She is what called to me and kept me climbing upward.




This experience was very emotional for me.  I built a small 3 rock memorial as a tribute to Gail and her journey.  I felt inspired and blessed.  "It's the climb" applies here in more ways than I can tell you.



I felt and let go the magic. For me and for Gail. 

BUCKET LIST ✓ SPECTACUAR ✓ A MEMORABLE DAY ✓

No comments:

Post a Comment