Translate

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Driving To Savannah - Some Small Diversions



Day 2 of getting to Savannah. 95 more miles @9:00 AM. Isn’t XM radio wonderful? You can listen to anything your heart desires.  The next “I love that song” is a click away. Reminds me of the drive back from Covington to Staunton on Easter Sunday. 
All routes are scenic so we decided to take some back roads to Goshen where we drove through Goshen Pass and saw evidence of the forest fire that had been burning for several days, destroying over 1,000 acres.




The fire did not make it to the Maury River side of the road.



Barreling down I 95 toward Savannah the scenery is pretty much the same.  Trees line both sides of the highway with nothing to break the monotony. I decided to check out more of the photos from this part of Easter Sunday’s driver back to Staunton.  Awesome. I feel better. I love being on roads that come back to meet ya.







We made it to Savannah!  I will cover that in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment