Translate

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ending Valentine’s Day on a Sweet Note
























I don’t have a sweetie or a sweet thing or anything resembling a Valentine, but there are many sweet things in my life.

Friday, February 13, 2009 - My mom is home from the hospital after 2 weeks and 2 days. She is still very weak, but hopefully the comforts of home will speed her recovery. She is one of the sweet things in my life. Someone that sweet should not feel that bad.

That evening I experienced an evening of Guitar Blues at the invitation of my friend, Norm, at The Paramount Theater in Charlottesville. Jorma Kaukonen, founding member of Jefferson Airplane, four-time Grammy nominee Robben Ford, and Ruthie Foster thrilled the audience with their performances. Ruthie is the least known among the three, but for me her soulful blues voice was the icing on the cake. Sweet, very sweet. Thank you so much, Norm.











About a week and a half ago, the snow fell for the first time this winter onto the field beyond my kitchen window. I stood just outside the back door taking photographs. Here is what I saw. I was delighted when I downloaded the photos. The photos that look like black and white are completely unenhanced. I stood in the darkness not sure what I was capturing and only used the flash.

Please click on the following link to see additional photos from today’s blog. http://www.flickr.com/photos/35412116@N03/




















The next morning greeted me with white beauty.



















This beautiful sunrise carried in Valentines Day.


A friend told me he recently he bought Seal’s Soul CD. With no Valentine of my own, I gave myself the CD for Valentine’s Day. Ooooh, what a sweet indulgence. Thanks for the recommendation, Bill.
Now, here is my Valentine's gift to you. Very sweet. Please click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rooyt3ptNco

No comments:

Post a Comment