Translate

Thursday, March 2, 2017

A JUMP START

I am trying to make the jump into March even though March has made its own jump. I need some motivation. It is not that I dread the days, I just can't get real excited about them.  On the whole, I have great days most days.  But February gets to me. The current storm that started moving in yesterday has brought the temperature back to normal.  It is chilly.  And don't get me started about the wind.  Blah, blah, blah. This morning I decided to make and effort to get myself back on track. I have thrown away so much food lately because I just did not feel like cooking. I roasted some kale and fried an egg for a tasty breakfast.  I have oatmeal most mornings so the change was good in more ways than just on my taste buds.  After cleaning up the dishes, I steamed some asparagus, saving it from spoliation in a few days. 



I cleaned and filled bottles with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I go through a lot of both when I cook. 
 Italian dressing for years could be found in my kitchen. I have not made it for a long time.  Today I remedied that.


I looked over the stash of stuff I keep out on the counter because I use them all the time. I need some honey. I should contact Kimberlie at Qty:3 about getting some from her as her father makes it at his farm in Highland County.

 I only have 3 eggs left so I hard boiled them for a quick lunch over the next couple of days.


I washed the jar I store walnuts in and filled that up with fresh nuts. Yum.  That small glass has been sitting on the counter for weeks waiting for me to remove the wax so a new candle could fill it.  Not sure why I procrastinated...it only took a couple of minutes.

Before I knew it, 11:00 o'clock had rolled around and it was time to go to work.  I love my mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment